How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Monday, August 11, 2014

Pissing against the wind

The Death With Dignity Center, a big national institution, responded to my inquiry. They have NEVER heard of anyone wanting to expand eligibility requirements beyond terminal with six months to live.

Talk about feeling alone with an opinion! My two best friends agreed with me but they're gone.

 I suppose I need to  prepare to cover my ass in a worst case scenario. This really, really pisses me off, no less than it pissed Welch off at the end of his last poem. This makes my last years more stressful than they have to be.

This culture's moral values make no sense ... quick to bomb the shit out of "enemies," but outraged to help out an old citizen who has decided it's time to pass on.

I hate being painted into a corner just because I choose to make my own decisions about life and death issues. As JFK once said, And we call ourselves the human race.

I've been so blessed, I hate to ask the gods for one last favor - but I have to. Keep me from being put on the spot.