How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Wednesday, September 23, 2015



My recent lack of energy, and to a major degree, is puzzling. I feel a bit under the weather, a cold not quite ready to arrive, and this may be it; or it may be a new stage in old age. Whatever it is, I am dragging through the day and baking bread or biscuits, or grilling, is about all the activity I can manage during the day. I dabble on other things ... just about have June Apple down on banjor, for example.

Harriet, too, talks about lack of energy but she takes it harder than I am. She is having a very hard time accepting being "old." I actually like being old, more or less. I love the lack of deadlines and responsibility! I like the richness of long brooding and contemplation and meditation. But I don't like aches and pains, which in mild forms are constant, and I don't like dragging around at this new increased level.

But I never forget how blessed my life has been and remains. One of the lucky ones!

Getting periodic maintenance on our heater, hope it doesn't cost too much. Very tight budget, always. But we're hanging in. We can't afford trips whenever we want that is what a reverse mortgage was going to finance but that's fine by me. H misses it more.

Noise from the basment! A vacuum, I think ... he's cleaning the furnace.

Mariners playing better ball since All Star game than in first half of season. They may get to .500 yet.

Big UCLA game against Arizona this weekend. Loving college football this season.
posted from Bloggeroid