How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Monday, July 1, 2013

Slow week

This, the week leading up to the 4th, is my least favorite of the summer, just as the 4th has become my least favorite holiday. It's not that I'm unpatriotic; it's that I see Sketch hiding under the bed and see images of all those vets diving for cover the holiday I spent in the VA hospital 20 years ago. Not much fun to watch fireworks, thinking of vets diving for cover.

So maybe I can get a plan for downsizing this week. Overdue.

And a small start on the new Overdrive stories. Three out already! The first promo has resulted in over 1100 downloads with two (slow?) days to go. I used to spread the 5 free days out, one day at a time, but a marketing book convinced me it's better to do all five at once in the beginning and get the freebies over with. So that's what I'm doing. In fact, I am following "advice" on all the marketing strategies this summer. Hoping it works.