How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Nike? What Nike?

http://roundbendpress.blogspot.com/2013/11/send-in-clowns.html

Here is TS in a mostly sensible analysis of the Ducks football program - that doesn't deal with Nike, which in my view is the entire foundation of the mindset OF THE PLAYERS. We clearly have very different views of reality. And of psychology, for that matter. I hope he is right - it says nicer things about the players. But a grinning Mr. Thomas on the sideline when Stanford is whipping your ass is not my model of a team player or a jock with character. His body language is saying, Fuck this, I'll still get mine in the NFL. Where the hell is my video game?

I'd fire the coach not for losing a game but for failing to discipline TEAM insubordination.