How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Down the home stretch

Only 3 classes left after today ... and in one I show a film ... and one is the last day. So we are definitely on the downhill side of classes, though of course all the grading lies ahead.

Been working on a new clawhammer song, Angeline the Baker, and really digging it. I need to find more fiddle tunes for the uke. Found a book, might work.

A website lists all the songs he could find about JFK assassination ... includes my 1963 Ballad of JFK ... going to record it tomorrow with uke and send it to him, no doubt post here as well. For posterity. Actually I no longer believe Oswald did it, of course. Was written immediately after event, even before Oswald was shot.

Eager for the holiday break ... PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! I am really doing my homework on this Cordoba because I want to learn how to play it reasonably well. Not professionally, of course, but decently for a hobbyist. I'm close already because of my guitar/banjo background.

Workshop scenes today, maybe next week too if we don't finish.

We're going out for turkey on Thanksgiving. Did same last year, at McMenamen's, dug it, back again but to a different venue.