How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

This Man Faced Unimaginable Suffering, And Then Wrote The Definitive Book About Happiness

This Man Faced Unimaginable Suffering, And Then Wrote The Definitive Book About Happiness:

 "Austrian psychiatrist Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning, a powerful psychological memoir and meditation on the author's experience at Auschwitz, argues that meaning, not success or happiness, is the driving pursuit of human life. The book presents Frankl's theory of logotherapy, which hold that man's fundamental drive is to find life's "potential meaning under any conditions." As Frankl wrote, “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.""

When I was in treatment, my counselor gave me this to read. He had a talent for giving me the right books at the right time. He has since passed but was very influential in getting me straight 20 years ago.