How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Friday, April 3, 2015

Yesterday at the university

In the student union ... iced coffee, maple bar, hour before class, ah does this bring back memories. I'm impressed with myself, designing a course like a workshop, which means I bring less home to deal with and instead get them working in class. Harder in class, easier at home ... a good trade, under the circumstances.

Show a doc about screenwriting today, easy day. Real work begins next two weeks, lectures and exercises and workshops. Still working on structure of workshops ... think I'll make groups of four, same four thru entire course, Group work, then sharing with entire class ... lots of q and a. Atmosphere for picking my brain.

Steve and I are marketing the old splay again. Agent friend of his didn't pan out, as I predicted!, so first step is going after agent. None of my old ones still around. Though the agencies are. This is a long shot ... should have been marketed 2 and 3 yrs ago, when all the similar Silicon Valley stuff was getting bought ... may be too late for that fad. It's all about being in the right place at the right time with the right material. In other words, a total crapshoot. Totally!

Am I the only writer left in America who loves using the AlphaSmart, as I am now? Yep, the AS rides again.