How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Monday, October 26, 2015

Happy birthday to me

#76. Who would've thunk it? Not I, that's for sure. Something of a miracle to still be standing with my faculties, more or less.

And with a gift! I've been visited by the Muse of Theater, which is extraordinary. We parted great friends some years ago. But certain stories require certain ways to tell them, and an amazing idea for a contemporary story about my "dancing on the Titanic" theme popped into my head without invitation, I started fiddling with it, and now I have 17 pages of script I really like, a structure and concept I really like, and I know my ending. Not sure how to get there yet but I'll figure it out. A new play. Extraordinary. Title, HUNGER STRIKES, with its double meaning.

No details at this time. Not sure I'll finish it, don't want to use energy on anything but developing it. But I'll say this: a cast of five, and American Indian history plays a prominent role. In a sense, this is Titanic Lite, the themes of my complex prose work in development delivered in a more traditional format. You sit in the dark and watch. Not hyperdrama ha ha!

I'm writing this on Celtx Script in the Kindle Fire, and it is working like a charm.

Nothing special planned for the birthday. Stopped that years ago. In fact, only got and only will get one card ... from Harriet. In fact, the housekeeper is here today, so I'm spending hours in the basement office, which is good, I already updated some web pages with my canon hypertext link. And I'm sure I'll do some writing. Already did some banking, too. H used to be the banker. I don't particularly like doing it but I at least REMEMBER doing it. We got in trouble when she did money things and then forgot, so I took it all over. Most of it is automatic, actually. But I keep a close watch on everything.

Eager for the WS to start. Not rooting for anyone. 7 games, I hope.

Sketch been acting weird ... at first, thought it was something physical but no longer, it seems to be psychological, if that makes sense for a dog. Comes and goes, like a mood. Watching him closely.

Well, to work. Happy birthday to me, you old fart.