How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015

A tough year, adjusting to post-heart attack realities. But H made progress and, the bottom line, is still with us.

My personal highlight, a birthday gift from the gods, waking with an entire play in my head, which I wrote down (a secretary) in six days ... one of my better ones, I think. Entered it in a Big Contest. A Eugene director already interested, it will have a life, and eventually get published by TS at Round Bend Press.

Brooding about how to express Berman's monastic alternative as a story on stage.

Future security: I have a viable exit strategy if/when needed. In a culture with no support for individual integrity, where the medical establishment becomes an enemy, this is essential for peace of mind in old age.

Wishing for a better 2016!