How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Friday, March 22, 2013

Fog & Beauty

The fog of politics and pop culture, where everything is for sale, hides a great spectrum of beauty. In the natural world (still), in the arts, breath-taking, heart-breaking beauty abounds. What a tragic irony the human
experiment has become! So much sadness, so much beauty.


Climate

I feel like I'm in a room
wired with bombs about
to go off and most know
this, yet everyone carries
on as if there were no
danger, as if there's nothing
to be done about it.
No one, however, has announced
that we're having a wake.

I feel like I'm on an alien
planet where one plus one is
three and gravity is random
and all roads circle back on
themselves and the best among
us strive in school to earn
a Doctor of Stupidity and
everyone is waiting for Jesus
but not like in the play
because no one has a sense
of humor.

I feel like I'm under water
at the moment just before
I give up, unable to hold
my breath a second longer,
my lungs ready to explode.
The thing is, the fish,
the reefs, the light in
the water, everything is
so goddamn beautiful.

Everything is so
goddamn beautiful.

Listen to it