How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Brooding past midnight

Not sleepy, though I am exhausted. Should read papers but instead I've been tweaking the course  online.  And brooding about my post-teaching life, which I very much look forward to. I have a lot of energy to develop my idea of a new narrative form and to put it out there to see if anything happens. I may be fooling myself but I think something will happen. Nothing huge but enough to satisfy me that my theory is correct.

I need to stay busy. It's the only way I keep sane.

Really have come to enjoy the audio on Fire lately, news and podcasts, audio books. I like listening to baseball on the radio better than watching it on TV. So the MLB app is a gift from heaven for the likes of me.

Google Play rejected the app, something wrong with its packaging, but it works perfectly fine, so I'm not spending money just to get it there. Amazon  may reject it for the same reason. Man, it strikes me as very complicated to market apps! I'd never do it. Have to be more of a geek, I suppose. Books and video were really easy to do yourself but not apps.

I don't remember my class filling up with a waiting list this early before. Also, my fall classroom is in the same building, one floor down, a very easy walk for a change! That winter walk across town to the bank building was something else.

Well, I'd better try and get some sleep. I do have five scripts to read tomorrow. Goodnight.