How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Scrapple Rules

As longtime readers of this blog know, before I began baking our bread, my major kitchen project was making scrapple. This wasn't traditional scrapple but an easy to make clone for the small home kitchen. I made a batch a week. You can learn more here: http://cdeemer2007.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-signature-scrapple-recipe.html

As a grad studen in the 1960s, I'd made traditional scrapple. Considerable work! I'll never forget the day I returned from class to find a box on the porch. In it was ... a pig's head! A gift from a farming buddy.

Scrapple has been hard to come by on the west coast. "Easy" scrapple, while not traditional, was close enough to subside the hunger pains and often fruitless searches for the real thing.

But now comes a Seattle company with the perfect name: West Coast Scrapple. It is excellent! Moreover, Seattle and Portland customers can avoid shipping costs ... see details at their website .. westcoastscrapple.com. Their customer service is first rate.

West Coast Scrapple Guys


This is the best scrapple news I've heard in decades! Scrapple rules!