How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Monday, July 27, 2015

Shortcut

The entry below was transferred directly from the AlphaSmart to the Kindle! This required a special, obscure cable, which I had to order from Singapore ... just arrived and works perfectly! Saves a step, i.e. the transfer only from AS to laptop.


SUNDAY. Progress! I played the difficult B part of Sandy River Belle to speed without error twice in a row, a sign of sure progress. Can record it soon.

Reading "The Use and Abuse of Literature" which may become a source, a quoted source, in the new novel, using a non-fiction technique in fiction, i.e. documenting sources. It will be a strange book, to say the least. I wrote a new foreword, hoping in less than a page to set the tone and make things more comprehensible to the reader, who will be faced with layers of material, time travel, shifting protagonists, and all order of non-commercial (ha ha) techniques.

Busy day tomorrow. Housekeeper day. And I have my annual medical checkup in the morning. I dread the argument I'll have with my doctor whenever it is I "get" something because I am inclined to treat nothing in the future but pain. I have no desire to live beyond my natural order of life. I somewhat regret getting my heart pacer, as a matter of fact, because the battery lasts so goddamn long. I don't have to live that long. Yes, I want to finish this book, but christ, I have no desire to live beyond common sense.

Just checked the battery here ... 97%. I saw an old add that listed 700 hours as the life of 3 AA batteries on this remarkable writing tool. But I know no other writer who uses it.