How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Saturday, December 5, 2015

A fan in New Mexico

"After reading many books on and about screenwriting I found yours [Practical Screenwriting] in a pile of free books after an abandoned yard sale and scooped it up.   I figured one more couldn't hurt and I was getting ready to embark on a rewrite of the love of my life project. What a find!  I now tell people to purchase the book.  


As a retired educator I appreciate how you address different styles of learning and performing.  Good screenwriters know good screenwriting.  Good educators know good education.  They are not one in the same.  One of my duties as a board member for New Mexico Women in Film is to keep stead on a screenwriters group in Albuquerque.  I find myself using your example of tree vs forest people often in the group."

The book, of course, is the linear "light" version of my digital tutorial, now free online: http://www.ibiblio.org/cdeemer/wright/00begin.html