How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Happy reader

Ryan reviewed Write Your First Screenplay

 Highly recommended April 10, 2016

I've read several books on screenwriting, but this is the only one I refer back to regularly. It's a great companion for writing your first screenplay and all the others after it. The great concept here is splitting writers into two groups: those who prepare extensively (tree people) and those who discover their story by jumping in and writing it (forest people). I don't recall any other book that encourages, or maybe even permits, the second type, but I wouldn't be any kind of writer without it.

I also found screenplays from the author, Charles Deemer, on amazon. They're great examples.

One more note - this book is very inexpensive... not sure why, but accept it as a gift! I bought a hard copy for probably 10 or 15 times as much years ago, and it was a steal at that price.

##

How nice.

posted from Bloggeroid