How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Great American Songbook

These are the songs, by Cole Porter and such, I want to learn. I still have 3 chord types to add to what I now am comfortable with, which is 7, m7 and o; need to add M7, m7b5 and +... and others as song demands. But these in all keys will give me a basic jazz vocabulary. I'm actually surprised how quickly it's going, helped considerably by the tools/apps I have.

Onward! Oh yes, I need to record 3 songs during break: a new clawhammer, my first classical and a fingerpicking rag, my fav to date.

I turned a student onto learning clawhammer ukulele.

What would clawhammer jazz sound like?

Signed up for April workshop to replace snow cancelled one.

Forecast ... is there a ukulele jazz music drama far down the road?