How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Notes on the road, last installment



I wasn't sure this was a worthwhile trip until last night, seeing the daughter and grandson and the progress made in getting their lives together.

I am far less inclined to do a RM now than when I left. Travel with H is more stressful than sitting on the deck at home. On the other hand, there are things she could do alone with cash: more visits to east coast, for example. I just want her to stop using the credit card so much. I want less stress trying to keep our debt down. We have long talks about finances ... but she never remembers them, so we start over all the time. Life has become reinventing the wheel.

I am going to suggest giving her a cash allowance that is less than her monthly charges. Move to a cash economy as much as possible. The status quo is driving me nuts, far too stressful.

*

The free breakfast here, Baker City BW, was described as Continental but in fact wss a full breakfast. Cool.

*

Slow lazy morning, which is sapping my energy ... I like to get on the road earlier but H wants to say bye to grandson at his workplace noonish, so here we are. A long drive for us but it is all Interstate and yesterday this area was not too bad with traffic ... if traffic is light, I don't mind it but hate when it is all trucks.

Hope my buttermilk and bread dough survived my absence and I don't have to start over!!!

*

 HOME! OK, here are the last notes from the trip.