How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

"All gone. All used up."

My best friend Dick (Hooker in my work) died in a hospice in northern Idaho in 1998. Driving home from our wedding in Portland, he felt pain. He had pancreatic cancer and died before the end of the year.

On the last day of my visit, he gave me a goofy grin and said, "All gone. All used up." He was talking about the Life Force, I knew, telling me, What's a guy to do? I kissed him on the forehead, and he said, "Beautiful." I went home, and he died the next day. I scattered his ashes with his mother and two sons off of White Bird Hill above Salmon, Idaho.

"All gone. All used up." I know what he means. I'm not empty but I'm very aware of the bottom of the tank. My goal is to keep the doctors from messing with me and let Nature take its course.

posted from Bloggeroid