How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Monday, April 11, 2016

Haggard, scrapple and John Basham

Been thinking a lot of my friend lately, who had diabetes and passed too young. He was my favorite singer of Haggard, so the recent death sparked memories. This morning I had scrapple for breakfast, still having the touch, which reminded me of the day I came home from grad school to find a surprise from John on the porch. A pig's head! after the slaughter on his small farm in Dexter. Ah, the memories. We drifted apart after they moved to Seattle but I always held him close.

P and I met John in an Oregon coast campground. He heard us singing in the adjacent campsite, came over with a guitar and a bottle of ouzo. A few months later he was moving from Michigan to Oregon.

posted from Bloggeroid