How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Thursday, May 12, 2016

1980s literati

A romantic view of 1980s NW Pdx regulars at Nobby's and Seafood Momma's, a literary clan, remembered by one of us in recent email:

"You have always been an inspiration to me, and many others as well.
You would definitely be our "Danny" if the famous or infamous
Nobby's literary gathering were Steinbeck's Tortilla Flat.
In many ways it was a rag-tag group of semi, stumble-bums
and many of us, including myself, seemed to be much fonder
of drinking than writing. All of which is understandable:  Drinking
is a whole lot of fun. Writing is a whole lot of hard work.
Oddly enough, we were a group of men with noble ideals
and we were not unlike the knights of the Round Table."

My, my! I will say this: when we were on together, I never laughed so hard. Many moments of great fun, great wit, great laughter. Back when NW was "the way Greenwich Village used to be," according to my agent.

posted from Bloggeroid