How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Sexism

I think institutional sexism is more entrenched than institutional racism. It affects everyone. Beware of anyone who denies it.

Power changed Obama in a negative way. But power-driven change can happen in positive ways, too. We'll see what the women can do. Clinton is not alone.

In the long run, neither Democrats nor Republicans can stop Nature's rage. I suppose the party in power can influence who gets to escape to Mars.

Brown says the dynamics of power struggles are archetypal and repetitive, "an endless story," with the sons always turning into the very fathers who oppressed them, to oppress their own sons in return. Sounds about right to me.

Politicos take themselves too seriously.

"The Way is to the crematorium, " to quote my own play. "Life is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there," to quote my brother.

Breaths are finite. Marvel at them.

posted from Bloggeroid