How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Friday, September 19, 2014

Home front

Managed to bring some order to H's email, made some folders for things, be a hell of a lot easier for her when she gets able for it. Tons of well wishes.

H's great support and popularity bring to mind the death of my dear friend and poet, Ger. A decade or more ago. Had services and scattered ashes at Shakespeare Garden in Wash. Park (illegally, I am told)... there were SIX of us there. He, like many writers, was a solitary guy. Sister only family ... rest of us were writer friends.

Not everybody jams the switchboard at the hospital, which I'm told happened via H's friends.

Couple hrs to kill before I go up. Want to be there when docs make their rounds.

Good night's sleep but still feel a little tired, drained. My own doc worried about MY health, told me to only stay a few hrs at a time.

Interesting thing about grief. It's like the tide, ebbs and flows. Can be quietly sitting. nothing on my mind, when BAM! I'm in tears. In the beginning Sketch would lick them away but he doesn't like this game any more. He'd rather play tug of war.

He stopped sitting at the door, waiting for Harriet.