How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Thursday, April 3, 2014

In the office

Early but not as early as Tuesday ... still got a decent parking place. If I leave before 9, I should be able to do so without extending my hobble too much.

Strike scheduled for April 16. Obvious ploy -- but will it work, concessions from admin, or will there actually be a strike? And if so, will we adjuncts be considered "scabs" even though it is illegal for our union to engage in activities to support the strike? I already let the class know where I stand and that I will not penalize students for missing class to strike but they WILL be responsible for all the work they miss. But won't be considered "absent" if they are out picketing during class time or whatever.

Larger than usual class, my work is cut out for me. But this last time, I let anybody in who wanted in, upper limits thrown out. The dept sec said I am a "mensch" for doing this ha ha.