How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The sun! the sun!

For the first time in a long while, I hobbled to campus IN SUNSHINE. Mid 70s today, 80s later in the week, and no rain until Monday.

I remember my first spring in Oregon in Eugene as a grad student. When the sun finally appeared. students went crazy. Guys ripped off their shirts for sunshine as they walked across campus between classes. It all looked nuts to a SoCal guy like myself but it didn't take long before I understood perfectly.

Running at about 80% now and continued slow improvement.

The goals today are, home after class, make olive bread and mow some more lawn. More mowing tomorrow. The next 3 weeks bring my most reading until the end: midterms, and project first drafts. Then a short break before end of term tsunamis. This is week 5 of 10. Soon, on the downhill side! The future looks bright, with no more reading about zombies and vampires! I can't wait!