How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Saturday, October 19, 2013

The return of CJ?

Say what? Another novel in me?

It's like this. Sometimes you create s character you fall in l love with and can't put to rest. For me, it's CJ, from the last novel Sodom, Gomorrah & Jones. We leave him on the road, living in his van. What happens to him?

For one, he takes up the ukelele! He teams up with a crazy performance artist woman. Based are two experiences: a true surreal experience of Ramblin' Jack Elliott trying to improvise guitar as his strange girlfriend recited Shakespeare. TRUE STORY! Second, a director eccentric woman I did some projects with back in the day. I need a plot. The woman has a secret. Sixties radical, killed agents, Feds after her?

CJ's Ukelele. Working title intrigues me. Maybe next summer's project?

Retirement? What retirement?