How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Gathering my wits

Think I have the stink gone, garbage can drying in the sun ... clothes in drier ... mortgage payment got posted, temporary relief from financial stress ... and I have my own, my own!, iced coffee at side, which I have not had time to do for a few days ... I brew my own in the refrig overnight in a French press, Pete's House Blend, and it is the best iced coffee in the universe ... tonight I will bake bread!! another routine chore I have not had time to do ... I am a home brewed coffee, home baked bread kind of guy ha ha ... still high from seeing Harriet looking like a patient, not a lost soul.

It is only 1030! I don't have to leave until one. When the laundry is dry, I'll take Sketch for a run before I leave.

Oh, H asked this morning, for the second time, if we could get a kitten. She wants something soft and cuddly to pet. Not sure how Sketch would like a kitten! A stuffed toy? There's a new Harriet, an old lady petting a stuffed toy!?!  Well, she may forget this by the time we get home.

Man, I am glad the weather is good, makes certain chores a hell of a lot easier.

Soooo ... will H be the patient or the lost soul tomorrow? I'd love to see the patient with consistency, that would mean she is on her way back. Pam pointed out that it's good I see her so often because I notice differences that others would not see. Her memory wasn't great this morning, a stranger would not be impressed. But I was blown away! This was an entirely new Harriet, a PATIENT, not a lost soul, someone AWARE she had a problem and INTERESTED IN fixing it. Gigantic progress. Now ... will it stick?

I will report on the meeting and no doubt Pam will as well. Until then ...