How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Monday, October 6, 2014

Perpetual exhaustion

I sleep but I don't get rested. Maybe when she comes home.

A lot done today. Have her Kindle ready but not giving it to her in the hospital, afraid she will lose or damage it. It's a gem, I think she'll like it. She can watch Laura Dern in HBO's Enlightened! free, first rate, which is why it lasted only 18 episodes ha ha ha ha. She can take photos and immediately post them. Take video. I hope she takes over her recovery blog. I think it would be good for her. 

Housekeeper here, spiffing up the place, hopefully I can't destroy too much in the next four days ha ha. 

Feel good about getting that first sentence of a new story based on all this ... it sets the right parameters. 

I am so glad I remember I have a private, posthumous blog! I absolutely hate self-censorship, which I sometimes do if I know something will piss somebody off. This way I can say what I want to say and hopefully all parties will be gone by the time anybody reads it. USUALLY we writers handle this by fictionalizing everything, then denying it has anything to do with anybody ha ha. I learned a lesson early in my career about letting the models for characters know they were the models -- almost lost some good friends over that! I thought I was flattering them, they thought I had insulted them. 

Have to go in for Physical Therapy and learning how to get her up from the ground, our big trouble spot on the pass. Otherwise I would take a nap. Maybe come home and nap right after.

Tomorrow I have an appt to get car serviced, something I cancelled a few weeks ago. Also need to get wheels aligned from my tiny accident.

Family meeting tomorrow. I want the Big Wheels to speak to Harriet, the Voices of Authority, and maybe convince her she is not the victim of a conspiracy.

With the right attitude, this could be such a cool couple of months! We do the few tasks we have to do, and the rest of the time we hang out like two folks on vacation, day trips hither and yon, walks, do things together at home, I mean, she even said, I think I could enjoy this, and I hope that attitude returns and sticks. She's just in a bad spot right now because she can't drive and the rest, her independence has been taken away. A therapist today told me this typically is a major reality and denial issue, especially with men.

I am optimistic. I haven't the slightest idea why ha ha, but I am.