How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Friday, October 10, 2014

Today is the day

Lots of sleep, still exhausted. But it is discharge day! I hope they send us home with a few days of meds so I don't have to immediately rush out and get prescriptions filled ... she takes 7 pills and they might be spendy. We shall see! I also am very very curious about what kind of a copay bill I get when we check out. I think our insurance has a grand max but I may be wrong about that. Pam will be there, so we'll have help and she can watch Harriet if I have to run off to get meds or whatever. Have our lunch and dinner and tomorrow's breakfast planned, that's as far as I've thought ahead. I hope the art table is acceptable, at least until tomorrow or Sunday when Karen can come over and help get it right if it isn't.

I'm surprised at how few people have signed up to visit Harriet. I think they stopped reading the blog. But right now, it's the only way to visit.
If Harriet asks for specific people, I will call them. She is very, very excited about getting a mid month visit from two old friends with whom she was scheduled to take a traditional trip. They are using part of the trip to come down and visit her.

So yet another new stage begins. I have no idea, but will before the morning is out, how much class/rehab work I am supposed to do with Harriet on a daily basis. I know they are giving me a schedule. I know they are giving me "exercises" to conduct. I know there is out patient care, but at Kaiser, not Rio. But if we are talking daily or a few hours a week, I have no idea. It doesn't really matter. In a way, I prefer daily, just for the rigor of it. 

Here I am yawning away after 8 solid hours of sleep. I really hope I get to feel RESTED again in my lifetime.