How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Monday, October 27, 2014

Medical bill$

We have great health insurance, which is the only way we will survive this financially. The crisis is a matter of timing: we had just reduced our income by five digits with my retirement (no benefits, being adjunct). Not a good time for bills to skyrocket. But on the other hand, at least I have time to be a caregiver.

And our ace in the hole is the house; selling would get us out of debt, and the primary task is to retain this balance sheet, which I see as doable as long as we don't have frills in the budget. Easy for me, hard for her. I know how to say No ... in fact, it's one of my favorite words ha ha.

All this comes to mind with today's mail, bringing almost a grand in bills.

My gas bill for trips to and from hospital in Sept ... over $200!

Well, it's all material. There's always that.

posted from Bloggeroid