How to tell a story

How to tell a story

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Visitor

Visitor

"CJ" by Thomas Strah (my title)


And it came to pass
as I was eating a typical breakfast
of scrapple and eggs on milk toast
Sketch stretched out on the divan
Harriet still in bed

I was visited by
an overwhelming presence
in the brain
the familiar figure of CJ
who said

I need you this summer, boss
I still have important things to do
I still have important things to say
and I need you to do your usual
midwife dance to bring them forth

I really haven't planned my--
I began before he interrupted me

You know I can make your life
a living hell if you ignore me

I did - he and others
so I said
Let's talk about it later
after the blossoms bloom

No, our meeting in spring
will be to plan our journey
Relax, I already have an opening line

Oh?

And it came to pass that CJ
lived in his van for three years

And with this
he was gone